ISSUES I WORK WITH
In my practice it is important to first and foremost create a safe space where my patients feel comfortable and where they are able to express themselves without feeling judged. I have successfully treated patients with many varied issues and problems, including:
Gender identity issues
- Are you questioning your gender identity?
- Do you identify as trans or non binary?
- Are you wondering about transitioning and needing support on your journey?
- Are you a transgender person looking for a therapist to help with other issues – but you don’t want to spend time educating your therapist about gender identity?
I have many years of experience helping people who are struggling with their gender identity, no matter where they are in their process. I encourage you to define your gender identity in the way that best fits you, not the way society says you should be.
Parents of gender variant children
- Has your child disclosed to you that they don’t identify with the gender they were assigned at birth?
- Are you confused, and not sure how to talk to them or help them?
- Do you feel it is all your fault, that you have done something wrong?
This might be one of the hardest things a parent might ever have to face and affects not only the child, but everyone else around them. I can help you to look after your own emotional needs and to reach an understanding of what is happening so you can support your child in the best way possible.
- Are you struggling with your consumption of alcohol and drugs?
- Are you worried about your behaviour around pornography, sex and love, food or work?
I work extensively with the 12-Step framework for clients struggling with addiction and have many years of experience in this field.
- Do you find it difficult to establish and maintain healthy relationships, partners or friends?
- Do you have a problematic family situation which seems impossible to resolve?
- Are you facing a relationship break-up, family break-down or bullying?
I work with all kinds of relationship, including LGBT+ and can offer couples counselling on request.
- Are you living with a chronic or life-threatening disease?
- Are you trying to cope with a recent diagnosis?
- Are you caring for someone with a health issue or disability and not sure how to cope?
Talking to a therapist can help you to accept difficult changes and to make the best of your physical and mental health, and that of your loved ones.
Work and money
- Are you facing redundancy or chronic unemployment?
- Do you find yourself constantly overworking?
- Are you dissatisfied or ‘stuck’ in your job?
- Are you always in debt?
- Do you find yourself spending money compulsively, or hoarding?
- Are you living on the financial edge, unable to support oneself and/or your family?
Working with 12 step programmes and other tools I can help you break out of unhealthy habits around work and money and help you discover your full potential.